Just about there!!!

We are set to close on Thursday! (that is, if they will ever tell us how much we need to get a cashier's check for)

So I thought I would take this post to talk about the choices we made for the house. Once we move in, and are there for a while, I will post whether or not they were worth it, or if I wish we would have done things differently.

Upgrades we chose:
We chose to do mainly structural upgrades, because we figure we can change just about anything else later for a lot less money then the builder would charge.

1. Vaulted ceilings in the kitchen and living room. The model had these, and it just opened the entire house up.

2. Move the kitchen from the front of the house to the middle. This seemed to be a much less awkward floor plan. It also allowed for a kitchen island.

3. Additional window in the living room.

4. Elevation B. I had to have a front porch, it was my one requirement I was not willing to give up.

Elevation A:


Elevation B:


5. Brushed nickel doorknobs and hinges. They overcharged us on this, considering that brass and brushed nickel cost the same, but I would have cost us more to change this later.

6. Overhang on the kitchen island. This would have been a lot of work to do ourselves.



7. A better oven. For $95 we could upgrade to an oven that had a window in the door, and a light! OOOOhhhh

Things we didn't upgrade:
1. floors- we hope to put in hardwood later
2. cabinets- eventually some Ikea ones would be great!
3. No fireplace- but it would be great eventually.
4. No coach lights- Josh will be putting those in.
5. No dead bolts- again Josh will do that
6. No ice maker line


I think that is it!
--Cara